Indiahoma School Library began in the fall of 1988 as a result of House Bill 1017 which required a library in every elementary, middle level and high school in the State of Oklahoma. Our first all school library was located in what now is the high school English room. Elementary students had to venture over to the high school to use the library. This wasn't the best situation, especially if they came between classes when the hall was filled with high school students. But we made it work.
Superintendent Ernest Copus put a bond issue on the ballot asking to fund a new library building. The community showed overwhelming support for this project and the doors to our current library opened in 2001. It's a wonderful facility, much better at being a service to the whole school. Feel free to stop by and visit sometime.